How to Pop a Pimple Safely with a Comedone Extractor
Pictured: ArteStile Slant Tip Tweezers & Double Loop Comedone Extractor
When I think of age old skin care tips, one particular piece of advice always sticks out in my mind...
NEVER pop your pimples. We all know the reasons why popping pimples is an awful thing
to do - It can irritate your skin! It can make the pimple bigger! Worst of all, it can end up
Even though I know all those things to be true, it never stopped me from popping a pimple because, let’s be honest, it just feels so good when you do. Plus, when done in the right way, it can get rid of your blemishes in no time at all.
What if I told you a safe and effective solution for popping pimples does exist? Life changing, right?!
Whenever I get a whitehead or blackhead that must be popped I take out the only three things I need: my trusty light up vanity mirror, some rubbing alcohol, and my ArteStile Double Loop Comedone Extractor.
So what exactly is a comedone extractor?
A comedone extractor is a tool that safely extract pimples. The ArteStile Comedone Extractor is made of stainless steel which is great for all skin types and easy to sanitize and has two loops – a small thin loop for gently extracting whiteheads and a thicker flat loop to extract blackheads.
How do I use a comedone extractor?
A Comedone Extractor, when used correctly, can extract your pimples much better and cleaner than two fingers ever will. Follow these instructions when using:
- Only use the extractor on blackheads or whiteheads
- Always wash your face and disinfect your tools before you start.
- Open your pores by taking a hot shower or steaming your face. This helps soften the comedones and makes extracting easier.
- Be gentle. We cannot stress this enough. Place the loop over the whitehead or blackhead and press down gently or rock the tool back and forth slowly to apply pressure on both sides and push the sebum out.
- If the sebum doesn’t release easily, leave it alone. Applying too much pressure can scar the skin.
- Sanitize your extractor once you are done to remove any debris.
- Apply an antibacterial ointment to the treated areas.
This tool is life changing and if you’re a rebellious pimple popper like me, it will change your life too! It causes no skin damage compared to regular squeezing and if used correctly it can appear as if you hardly had a blemish at all.